Borrowers can consult the listings posted by Car Owners directly on the Website using the access and search tools provided. Borrowers may contact the Car Owners by email to request additional information.
Once a Borrower has found a suitable Vehicle, he/she simply sends a booking request to the Car Owner. Upon this, the Car Owner is notified of the booking request by email and has the option to decide whether or not to accept the borrowing request:
- If the Car Owner accepts the borrowing request, the Borrower is notified by email and pays the borrowing price. This payment must be made on the Website, via FriendyCar. Note: any offer to pay other than on the FriendyCar Website will be considered a violation of these Terms and may result in the suspension or deletion of the User’s account. The borrowing is confirmed when the payment has been made and the Car Owner has received confirmation by email.
- If the Car Owner does not accept the borrowing, the Borrower is notified by email.
Once the location is confirmed between the Car Owner and the Borrower, the Car Owner is obliged to honor his/her lease.
If a Car Owner cancels a confirmed reservation FriendyCar reserves the right to exclude him/her from the platform - especially if this cancellation has caused harm to the Borrower.
B. Before the Start of the Borrowing
Once the Service has put them into contact with each other, it is the Users’ responsibility to carry out the necessary verifications at the agreed-upon Vehicle pick-up time, including:
- For the Car Owner, these verifications concern the identity of the Borrower, the validity of his/her driving license, his/her address, the credit card information, which must be the same as the card used for payment on the Website. The Car Owner may be represented at the start of the borrowing by a third party duly authorized to conduct these checks;
The Car Owner may in no case turn his/her Vehicle over to the Borrower if the latter fails any of these verifications. The Car Owner must refuse the borrowing if:
- The person wishing to take possession of the Vehicle is not the Borrower;
- The Borrower provides a credit card that does not belong to him/her;
- The Borrower provides a driving license that does not authorize him/her to drive in the country where the Vehicle is registered. For this, it is the Car Owner's responsibility to inquire of the relevant authorities the special provisions concerning the rights of foreigners to drive in that country.
- The Borrower must verify the identity of the Car Owner, the Vehicle registration and its license plates. The Borrower must also check the condition of the borrowing Vehicle, in particular the safety equipment listed in Article 4.A.
At the time of Vehicle pick-up, the Borrower and the Car Owner verify, complete and sign the Borrowing Agreement together.
The Borrower agrees to take the utmost care of the borrowed Vehicle and return it in the same condition it was in when he/she took possession of it. The Borrower is liable for any damage caused to the Vehicle during the borrowing period, i.e. from the time he/she takes possession of it until the time he/she returns it. He/she alone is liable for any violations of the Highway Code that may be committed with the borrowed Vehicle during the borrowing period.
At the start of a borrowing, the Car Owner must deliver a clean Vehicle to the Borrower (interior and exterior), except in the case of a last-minute borrowing.
C. During the Borrowing
FriendyCar offers Users certain information necessary for a good borrowing experience. This information is available at the online Support Center, accessible via the Website or the Apps. It is included in a document entitled "Borrowing Instructions" that the Car Owner must print out and leave in the Vehicle for the Borrowers.
- Reporting an incident or problem
The Borrower agrees to immediately report to the Car Owner any problems, breakdowns or accidents related to the Vehicle.
Roadside assistance is the responsibility of the Car Owner. If the Car Owner is not reachable, the Borrower can arrange a roadside assistance (with a maximum cost of AED 200) on the Car Owner’s expense. The above responsibility of the Car Owner is given that the Borrower adheres to the car user guide, insurance terms and country regulations.
- Use of roadside assistance
D. At the End of the Borrowing
Upon the return of the Vehicle, the Borrower and the Car Owner check the condition of the Vehicle and then complete and sign the check-out report in the Borrowing Agreement. Both the Car Owner and the Borrower must keep a copy of the Borrowing Agreement for at least one year.
In the event of any damage, the Car Owner has 7 days to report the damage to FriendyCar. After this time limit, FriendyCar will no longer be able to process the request.
The Borrower is not required to clean the Vehicle at the end of the borrowing, unless it has been heavily soiled:
- Interior soiling: traces of mud on the carpet, sand, crumbs, etc.;
- External soiling: dirt on the body due to travelling on muddy or dirt roads, etc.
If the Vehicle is returned dirty, the Borrower shall pay compensation to the Car Owner as provided for in Article 10. If the Vehicle requires professional cleaning (stained seats, ground-in dirt, etc.), the Borrower must pay the invoice issued by the professional cleaner.
The Borrower agrees to comply with the date and time of return agreed upon with the Car Owner. Any extension of the borrowing period must be made on the Website under the conditions described in the Borrowing Agreement.
If the Vehicle is not returned at the agreed-upon date and time, the flat-fee penalties provided for in Article 10 may be levied in the name and on behalf of the Car Owner.
If the Vehicle is not returned by the end of the borrowing period, the Car Owner must contact FriendyCar’s customer service via the contact information listed on the website.
In the event of a puncture, the tires proper repairing and/or replacement are the responsibility of the Borrower. If the punctured tires must be changed, the Borrower shall pay for the replacement of the punctured tires. If the flat tire is due to abnormal wear and tear of the tires, all costs will be borne by the Car Owner.
If the Vehicle has no spare wheel or device to change a flat tire and doesn’t have the option of driving on flat tires, then the costs of the roadside assistance and the tire replacement service will be charged to the Car Owner.
In case the car has the option of driving on flat tires, then it is the responsibility of the Borrower to drive to nearest repair shop.
After the Vehicle is returned to the Car Owner, the Car Owner shall upload/submit the extra charges amounts (Salik toll, traffic tickets and/or any other applicable charges) and the following required documents/evidences via FriendyCar platform:
- The signed Borrowing Agreement;
- Salik toll invoices (if any);
- Traffic tickets evidence (if any);
- Any other helpful documents required for the Borrowing settlement.
The Car Owner has only 7 days at the end of the Borrowing to upload and submit the above required documents. If not uploaded and submitted, the Borrowing is considered as completed and the Car Owner has no right to demand any extra charge expense.
The Borrower shall review, agree or dispute the submitted amount within 7 days after the Car Owner submission. In case of no action from the Borrower’s side, the requested extra charges are accepted and the Borrower agrees upon it.
In case of dispute request from the Car Owner’s or the Borrower’s side, FriendyCar is supposed to review the case and get back to both sides. Penalty and FriendyCar administration fees apply.
The Users also have the opportunity to evaluate/rate each other on the Website and/or the Apps. Users can also evaluate each other if the Borrowing is cancelled.
FriendyCar is not responsible for User peer reviews. FriendyCar nonetheless reserves the right to remove any review left by a User if it violates the laws in force, does not comply with these Terms or is defamatory towards another User.